Server-side uploading of any file to specified Google Drive folder Structure
If you need assistance in installing and configuring JetTrac PushToGoogleDrive™, call Pro Technology Automation, Inc. at 805-527-1248 or email us at email@example.com. Please note that the JetTrac PushToGoogleDrive™ license fee does not cover configuration services and technical support so there may be an additional charge. Please ensure you read these instructions carefully before calling for technical support.
Double click a bat file as per this sample:
JetTracPushFileToGoogleDrive ” FullDirectoryPath _GDU_Sample.pdf” JTPushToGoogleDrive_config.ini JTPushToGoogleDrive.log
All google modules need to be authorized to be allowed to run. To do this, make sure you are logged into the proper google account you want JetTrac to access, then run the Google Modules Authorization .bat file. It will ask you to log in and allow access to JetTrac to use the account. This only needs to be done once as the file will authorize all google modules.
Allows any kind of documents to be viewed by field personnel in a browser or Google drive app on smartphone, tablet, laptop or PC/Mac.
When setting up a job step using JTPushToGoogleDrive in JobConfig the only lines of the config you need to worry about are the first and the second to last, the Config file and the Input PDF. If left as an asterisk * the input will be whatever file is in the data folder that triggered the job running. This works well if it’s the first step but if the input is also the output of a previous job step you would need to specify the fully qualified path of the input file to upload to Google Drive. All other fields should be filled with the fully qualified path to the intended file. Eg: C:\JetTrac\…\input.pdf
In JobConfig, file paths entered should not be in quotes.
As with all modules, there is a dropdown to select whether or not the job should stop completely if this step fails. If you select Yes, any error will terminate the job process and write to the log file what happened, if no, then the job will try to continue anyways. However if any steps further down the line rely on the output of a job set to not stop on error, they may not work properly.
For more specifics go to the JetTrac Field ServiceJobConfig page.
“C:\JTPushFileToGoogleDrive.exe” “C:\Input.pdf” “C:\JTPushToGoogleDrive_config.ini” “C:\JTPushToGoogleDrive.log” –RootFolderId ###
The command line begins with the file path to the module’s executable file followed by the path to the file you want to upload to Google Drive, the path to the config file, the log file . and then an optional parameter for the RootFolderId. This optional parameter can be used to specify the RootFolderId on the command line instead of in the configuration INI file. In the example above you would replace the ### with the actual Google Drive folder ID. Each part of the command line is the fully qualified path to the file, in quotes, separated by a space (it doesn’t matter how many)
- The UploadAction key value can be set to 1, 2, or 3. This key value is optional and will default to 1 if not present.
- 1 – Overwrite an existing file with the same name.
- 2 – Ignore existing file with the same name and upload new one.
- 3 – Error is file name already exists.
- The AutoCreateFolders key value can be set to Y or N. This key value is optional and will default to N if not present.
- Y – If a folder is specified but doesn’t exist, it will be created.
- N – If a folder is specified but doesn’t exist, the module will error.
- The RootFolderID key value is the the actual ID to the main Google Drive folder.
- IgnoreString is a key value that is ignored in a file name when uploading the file. For example if a file is named GDU_WorkOrder.pdf and you wish to upload it to Google Drive as simply WorkOrder.pdf, you would specify GDU in this field.
- FilenameDelimiter works along-side the IgnoreString key value. In the above example the file name is GDU_WorkOrder.pdf but you wish to upload the file with the name simply as WorkOrder.pdf. In the IgnoreString key value you specified the GDU, and here you will specify the delimiter between the ignored string and the file name to keep. In this case, you would set this field to an underscore “_” without the quotes as in the above example.
*You can find the RootFolderID on the Browser URL after navigating to the folder.
IMPORTANT: See Additional Notes for Gmail setup prior to running/testing JTPushToGoogleDrive.
Important: Have the gmail account open and run Security Settings in Google (04/03/2015)
1) Login to your gmail account in the browser
2) Allow access to the account from this computer. Browse to:
3) Also you will need to setup your security to turn on/enable “Access for Less Secure Apps” at https://www.google.com/settings/security/lesssecureapps